Daybreak’s housing is the region’s only program designed to move homeless youth ages 18 to 24 out of homelessness, poverty, under-education, and crisis and into housing, financial independence, educational achievement, and self-sufficiency.
This program is designed to teach youth how to become independent and contributing members of society. Daybreak offers three housing programs for youth based on their individual needs. Our 100+ apartments have a constant flow of young adults entering and exiting the program.
Though legally adults, these youth have never had the resources or support to be successful on their own. Through intensive wrap-around services, Daybreak teaches program participants how to become responsible and accountable adults in the community. This program expects clients to work hard to create a better future for themselves.
Youth can participate in the program for up to two years.
Welcome to Daybreak Dayton, where we are committed to supporting and empowering youth in need. Our Housing Program plays a crucial role in providing stability, guidance, and opportunities for growth to young individuals who find themselves facing homelessness or unstable housing situations. With the aim of breaking the cycle of homelessness and fostering independence, our program offers a range of comprehensive services designed to meet the unique needs of each youth.
Here is why Daybreak Dayton’s Housing Program stands out:
1. Safe and Supportive Housing:
– We provide safe and stable housing options for youth aged 18-24 who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless.
– Our housing facilities offer a nurturing environment where individuals can feel secure and supported as they work towards their personal goals.
– Residents benefit from 24/7 staff support, ensuring their safety and well-being.
2. Individualized Case Management:
– Each youth in our program is assigned a dedicated case manager who works closely with them to identify their strengths, needs, and aspirations.
– Through regular meetings, our case managers help develop personalized plans that address housing stability, education, employment, mental health, and other essential areas.
– We also provide ongoing support and advocacy to ensure our youth have access to vital resources and services.
3. Life Skills Development:
– We offer a comprehensive life skills curriculum that equips youth with the tools they need to thrive independently.
– Our program focuses on areas such as budgeting, job readiness, nutrition, mental health, and interpersonal skills.
– Through workshops, group activities, and one-on-one coaching, we empower our youth to build confidence, resilience, and self-sufficiency.
4. Education and Employment Support:
– Daybreak Dayton recognizes the importance of education and employment in breaking the cycle of homelessness.
– We assist youth in pursuing educational opportunities, including GED preparation, college enrollment, and vocational training.
– Our program also provides job readiness training, resume building, interview coaching, and connections to local employers, ensuring youth have the necessary tools to secure stable employment.
5. Aftercare and Continued Support:
– Our commitment to youth goes beyond their stay in our housing program.
– We offer aftercare services to ensure a smooth transition from our program to independent living.
Daybreak Dayton maintains a strong network of community partners and resources, helping youth access ongoing support in areas such as housing, mental health, and ongoing education.